The highly anticipated Planes of Eidolon expansion for Warframe is set to launch later today on PC. The update features a brand new open world persistent zone, new weapons, items, armor, and more. Planes of Eidolon will be launching on Playstation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
I’m personally excited to see how much the playerbase jumps. After all, this is the game’s biggest update ever. Warframe’s 30 day average concurrent playerbase on Steam sits at 37,854 as of this posting, but I suspect it will jump quite a bit after Planes of Eidolon goes live later today.
Key features in the expansion include:
- Landscapes: Plains of Eidolon is the first continual Warframe environment offering players an Open Zone in which to explore, fight, discover, spearfish, mine, collect and play
- Cetus: Mingle, browse, buy, craft, and take on challenges in the marketplace of Cetus
- Epic Eidolon Fights: Against these demanding towers of death, Tenno will need all of their skill, wit, and even the Luck of the Lotus if they expect to survive!
- New Warframe: The 34th Warframe, Gara, manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies with four Abilities and a variety of new weapons, items, and Customizations
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: With weapons like the Astilla, which shoots slugs that explode on impact, to the Volnus, a lightweight glass hammer that deals a large amount of damage, and Reinforcements like Argonak, the hooked blade Krohkur, and its twin, the Dual Krohkur, everyone’s Arsenal will be primed for battle
- Focus Rework: The Operator-Warrior Focus 2.0 changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling players to equip their Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor
- Mag Pneuma Collection: Tenno can harness the magnetic force around them with the new Mag Pneuma Collection, including the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana
- Comic Book Companion: Working with Top Cow Productions, Digital Extremes’ first Warframe comic tells a dire tale of war tied intoPlains of Eidolon. Get it online here
Make sure to check out the latest Warframe trailer below: